Friday, August 30, 2019

Safe Skincare During Pregnancy & Breastfeeding



There are certain skin care products and treatments that are safe to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding. After watching this video, you will come to know more about safe products / treatments. Since hormone fluctuations can cause changes in the skin including melasma and acne, it's important to know what options are available.

Please subscribe!


I graduated with a degree in medicine from UC Irvine and completed my residency in Dermatology at UCLA. After completing my residency, I joined the faculty at UCLA as a Clinical Lecturer and Professor in Dermatology and Dermatology Surgery. I then completed advanced fellowship training in Dermatology Surgery at UC Davis and Laser Cosmetic Dermatology and Northern California Skin Surgery Center with world-renowned expert, Dr. Suzanne Kilmer. After fellowship, I was appointed Director of Dermatology Surgery at the Northern California Laser & Skin Surgery Center where I was active in clinical trials and was at the forefront of recent advances in aesthetics and dermatology. As a native of Orange County, I love the SoCal community and am now a Dermatologist in Newport Beach, CA.

My areas of expertise include cosmetic dermatology with a focus on injection neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin), as well as dermal fillers (Juvederm, Voluma, Volbella, Vollure, Sculptra, Restylane, Belotero, and Radiesse). In addition, I travel to national and international levels where I teach other doctor's injection techniques and about recent advances in dermatology. I am well trained in the use of lasers and energy-based devices to treat all aspects of photo appearance, including fine lines, wrinkles, skin fatigue, brown spots and facial expressions. I offer a comprehensive approach to body contouring using invasive minimal procedures. In addition, I specialize in Dermatology Surgery including Mohs micrographs surgery, blepharoplasty, skin cancer exclusion, sclerotherapy, ear surgery and cosmetic tattoo exclusion.

Follow me on Instagram or Twitter @StefaniKappelMD

Disclaimer: This video is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. The content provided on this YouTube channel is for informational purposes only. Please consult with a medical professional or other healthcare professional regarding any diagnosis or treatment options related to medicine or health. Information about this YouTube channel should not be taken as a substitute for advice from healthcare professionals. The statements made about a specific product throughout this video are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent illness. (t) dermatology (t) pregnancy care (t) routine dry skin care (t) pregnancy skin care products (t) ivf (t) (t) skin care (t) skin care (t) pregnancy skin care ( t) acne treatment ivf (t) ivf melasma routine black female skin care (t) skin care procedure in nursing (t) week of pregnancy (t) pregnancy symptoms (t) pregnancy transformation (t)





1- Instant Wrinkle Reducer™


2- Kollagen Intensiv™ - Accelerate Your NATURAL Collagen Production In Just 84 Days


3- Illuminatural6i™ Advanced Skin Lightener


4-Dermefface FX 7™ - Scar Reduction Therapy


5- ClearPores - Improve the way you look


6- Phyto350 - Fill In Wrinkles From the Inside Out!


7- Intensive Stretch Mark Therapy - Visibly Reduce The Appearance Of Stretch Marks


8- Age-Defying Eye Therapy - Get Rid Of Crow's Feet, Laugh Lines And Dark Circles


9- Rosacea Relief Serum - Long-Term Relief For Dry, Itchy And Inflamed Facial Skin


10- Argan Oil - Cold Pressed Cosmetic Argan Oil


11- Feel Better. Look Better. Live Better.


12- Hersolution Booty Sculpt System - The Complete Sculpt, Firming & Smoothing Anit-Aging System


14- Stop Grow™ - Say Goodbye to Unwanted Body Hair!


15- GenF20™ - Look Younger, Feel Younger, Stay Younger With HGH


16- GenFX™ - Live Your Life to the Fullest with GenFX

20 comments:

  1. What about salicylic acid in wash off formulas (cleanser, shampoo)? I've read that only 2% of the active ingredient remain on the skin after rinsing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So informative, appreciate you sharing your knowledge! Please could you do a video on adult acne and treatments (including accutane)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long do vbeam results last for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doc can you please make a video on men’s skincare? ๐Ÿฅบ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m not pregnant or nursing but I have a question about the Alastin nectar you use at night. I was going to purchase the Alastin nectar along with the Alastin retinol can I mix those
    2 together like you do with the nectar and refissa? And do you recommend Alastin retinol? Is it a good product
    For the $$? And for the nectar I seen that it is mainly used after a procedure..I haven’t had any procedures done lately but is it still good to use on your skin? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr. Kappel always gives information with patient and details! I love her so much! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why does benzoyl peroxide washes darken my skin ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going through premenopausal and I feel like my skin is changing alot. It don't like alot of skincare that I've tried. I have sun damage and hyperpigmentation and it don't really like hydroquinone. What else can I try? Thanks for all your helpful information!!! Love your videos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great video!
    I’m glad you touched on melasma again...I would love a dedicated video sharing your knowledge about melasma...what lasers/chemicals trigger melanocytes and actually make it worse..what lasers/exfoliants help...I’m desperate. The laser treatment I got several years ago actually made mine worse ๐Ÿ˜ฉ...prescription hydroquinone hasn’t even seemed to help...maybe I should find a place that does clear and brilliant?

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I started my residency as ENT, I read an article about the safety of local anesthetics with and without adrenaline and the combination with adrenaline required less dose to be effective because it avoided diffusion and that diminished the arrhythmogenic effect of the lidocaine, making it much safer. I know many doctors think the dangerous substance is the adrenaline, but usually the complications are due to the lidocaine. I think, I'm not sure, that the study is by Brown and is in the 1994 Dental Clinics of Northamerica. I figure the best thing to do is to use as little adrenaline as possible just to make sure the anesthetic remains in its place. Love, Sol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for addressing this topic! It's so important, yet rarely discussed. Kudos to you for remembering us nursing/pregnant mommas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great info! Thanks! Always love your videos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this video. I am nursing while watching ๐Ÿ’™ you are so knowledgeable. I love learning about the skin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Indeed very interesting. I would very much enjoy a video for women that are in their perimenopause and menopause in term of skincare and supplements.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Currently nursing while watching this!๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿผ

    ReplyDelete
  16. How many clear and brilliant premea treatments did you have to get to see you’re melasma disappear and how fast did it work? Great video

    ReplyDelete
  17. Even though I'm in my 60s now, this was SO interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can you please recommend drug store eye creams for wrinkles/dark circles.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very interesting video! Thank you for posting.

    Is there a particular cream you would recommend for stretch marks?

    ReplyDelete