Saturday, August 24, 2019
How Sunscreen Prevents Wrinkles (and Cancer)
One in five of us will have skin cancer in our life. For some people, the idea of preventing wrinkles is a stronger motivating factor than preventing cancer. In this episode of "Ask Jim" If Our Body Can Talk, senior editor James Hamblin answers readers' questions about wrinkled skin and breaks the SPF's psychology.
This video is part of a new interactive feature where we respond to audience questions. Write to askjim@theatlantic.com. [tT] Health
1- Instant Wrinkle Reducer™
2- Kollagen Intensiv™ - Accelerate Your NATURAL Collagen Production In Just 84 Days
3- Illuminatural6i™ Advanced Skin Lightener
4-Dermefface FX 7™ - Scar Reduction Therapy
5- ClearPores - Improve the way you look
6- Phyto350 - Fill In Wrinkles From the Inside Out!
7- Intensive Stretch Mark Therapy - Visibly Reduce The Appearance Of Stretch Marks
8- Age-Defying Eye Therapy - Get Rid Of Crow's Feet, Laugh Lines And Dark Circles
9- Rosacea Relief Serum - Long-Term Relief For Dry, Itchy And Inflamed Facial Skin
10- Argan Oil - Cold Pressed Cosmetic Argan Oil
11- Feel Better. Look Better. Live Better.
12- Hersolution Booty Sculpt System - The Complete Sculpt, Firming & Smoothing Anit-Aging System
14- Stop Grow™ - Say Goodbye to Unwanted Body Hair!
15- GenF20™ - Look Younger, Feel Younger, Stay Younger With HGH
16- GenFX™ - Live Your Life to the Fullest with GenFX
Labels:
wrinkles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
100% of people will get wrinkles. You should take it more seriously!
ReplyDeleteummm. it doesn't explain how sunscreen actually works to screen out radiation.
ReplyDeleteHe has a Ryan Gosling vibe - that poker face schtick
ReplyDeletePerhaps talk about choosing zinc oxide or titanium dioxide only sunscreens over the chemical lotions most people use
ReplyDeleteHow old is he
ReplyDeleteOzone depletion is not greenhouse effect but I’m not a medical doctor or an editor
ReplyDeletenot smiling prevents wrinkes. i never smile. ever. unless i really need to. but then i wonder, right before, do i REALLY need to?
ReplyDeleteWhat about swimmers?
ReplyDeleteSaying that SPF30 is "the sweet spot" is misleading. While the numbers are right that there's only a 2% difference in protection between SPF30 and SPF50 (or SPF100), the reasoning is wrong. You need to look at it inversely: SPF30 lets in 3% of the harmful radiation. SPF50 (and SPF100) lets in 1% of the harmful radiation. Thus, SPF50 gives you THREE TIMES more effective protection than SPF30. So dermatologist usually agree that SPF50 is the sweet spot, as long as you don't neglect to reapply, seek shade, wear clothes, sunglasses etc.
ReplyDeleteI just have a hard time believing that humans aren't meant to be outside... where we evolved?
ReplyDeleteI don't want to believe it.
You need to grow a mustache or wear glasses. that face needs something to ugly-it-up just bit. you're way to pretty, pretty boy.
ReplyDeleteThe best is a natural/mineral sunscreen but they cost a lot. A great value I have found is SPF Rx Natural Sunscreen. Reasonable price and you can buy it in bulk and get even better value (you can buy a quart or gallon size!).
ReplyDeleteSurprised you didn't talk about the fact that some believe certain ingredients in sunscreen actually cause cancer and might be hurting sea life.
ReplyDeleteI found this amusing, witty etc. However, I'm a little suspicious of the information provided. For instance, "carbon" causes ozone depletion when combined with other elements, e.g. chlorine and fluorine, or hydrogen. Perhaps the lack of precision in verbiage is intentional?
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. I'm not in any way wanting to diminish the struggles of people who have experienced cancer, or the importance of preventing it, but this video... Jim Hamblin is hilarious. I just discovered this series, and I am going to watch every video insatiably, and if he doesn't keep up with my needs for his humor in my life... well, I'll be very sad. He can deadpan (is that a verb) no matter who he is talking to, or what he's talking about. So clever, witty... <3
ReplyDelete"Advertising driven corporate commodification of youth" love this!😆
ReplyDeletemineral or chemical sunscreen?
ReplyDeleteThe thinning of the ozone layer and climate change are not caused by the same phenomenon. The thinning of the ozone layer is caused by CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons) whereas climate changed is caused by the release of CO2 (Carbon Dioxide). Under the Montreal Protocol the ozone layer is repairing itself--though it won't be fully repaired for many decades. Whereas CO2 emissions continue to grow and climate change continues to get worse. I think the video conflates climate change and the ozone layer.
ReplyDeleteHOW DO THESE VIDEOS HAVE SO LITTLE VIEWS THIS IS SOO UNDERRATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
ReplyDeleteI had melanoma surgery in 1988. I'm still here. I go outside a lot to run and to garden, I wear screen and large hats and all that. I wish you had been more forceful in your presentation so that others don't have to go through what I did.
ReplyDeleteSo happy this series is back
ReplyDeleteI can't tell if this guy is black, white, 16, or 36.
ReplyDeleteWhat a waste of sunscreen guys. Come on!
ReplyDelete